Thursday, September 20, 2012

Volunteering for Altoholism

I have decided to become more altoholic in Mists of Pandaria. I was a big altoholic in BC and Wrath, but Cata has been very "hunter, hunter, hunter". While hunters still are the best of course (!!!), I don't want to limit myself too much and entirely exclude the 10 other classes like I've done this expansion. I'm looking forward to being an altoholic, although I know I have to be a bit careful to not "burn out". I can't do dailies, dungeons, scenarios and raid finder on all my characters every day every week, and I can't keep them all geared. But I'm gonna give them a bit more play. One character doesn't have to do all the dailies every single day, they can actually alternate. For example, I could do one Raid Finder each week, but let them take turns. I can find some cool transmog sets for them all, and make sure all my draenei are pretty fly. :) 


This blog will still be mostly about my hunter(s), my guild, and everything around that. Some of you may have wandered into my small monk blog, which I made on a whim two months ago after trying out the monk on the beta. I kind of fell in love with the class. Which was a bit of a surprise to me, as I hadn't given them much thought from Blizzcon until that point on the beta with a fierce screaming and kicking draenei monk. (I wonder if the psychology behind it is as easy as: "Their new, I want new things.") Suddenly I had so many thoughts and words about something that wasn't "hunter", so I decided to post it elsewhere to not fill this one up with too much non-hunter things.

I actually have ten 85's. Two of them are hunters, and the only class I'm missing is a rogue. I "kind of" leveled a rogue to 80 now; I had a rogue on /follow on a paladin I was leveling on my RAF-account for triple XP. The paladin is gonna grant my monk some levels when Mists launches. Anyway, I have all these level 85's doing nothing! They got leveled because I wanted something to do, they hit 85, and they never got to log in again. With all of these alts I have all professions covered, and without making it into a job, I wanna try to give some of them more game time in Mists, and take advantage of daily transmutes and so on.

I like to think of them all as my "team", and Lae as the Ranger-General. ;-)

6 comments:

  1. Whoa, 10 85's! I have 7, and two of mine are hunters, lol. Finding a balance to play them all is definitely a challenge, although thanks to the 10 months of 4.3, 6 of them are LFR geared :O

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both my hunters are Dragon Soul-geared. (Too easy bringing second hunter when the other raid team needs more bodies.) As for the rest; all did Crucible of Carnage, two did Elemental Bonds, and the highest item level any of them have is 327! It's a shame really.

      Delete
  2. Anonymous21/9/12 03:53

    I used to be an Altoholic but lately am spending most of my time on my hunter. I just keep finding so many things to do on her and don't want to log off to play another toon. I miss my neglected warlock and am going to work on her in MoP but I think I'm, at least for now, a reformed Altoholic! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that's what I've been doing too. :-) I've been chasing achievement points, finished old raids, collected pets. There wasn't much room for others really.

      Delete
  3. In the spin-down of Cata I've been doing various alt things myself. Only five 85s and I hate my DK. I still like my Shaman. I leveled my Warrior and Druid during Cata. All three of those alts are at about 390. I leveled the Warrior by only tanking instances. The Druid tanked and plowed through quests. I also stared playing a baby Mage and ding'd about 40 of his past 68 levels in the past two weeks.

    It's really good to see things from different roles and know about different abilities. With the shared achievements, it's nice to be able to finish up things quick and easy with different roles. That all said, I really like what they've done with our Hunters. They just need to tweak the damage up a little bit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stop playing these alts and come back to le hunter!

    ReplyDelete