Monday, May 14, 2012

The Quest

Sometimes a colleague and myself joke around at work; I slap him over the face with a rubber glove. He then unsheathes his spatula (we work in a laboratory), goes into fencing position and yells: "En Garde!" I will in return draw my own spatula, and a crazy battle begins. Other times I will whine about our everyday life being a bit boring, and I'll grab the nearest object, a stapler, and announce "Behold! Stapeish, stapler of the thousand forests!" while he rolls his eyes. (Rude!)


Luckily, when I get home there are lots of magic and epic battles happening. I've been thinking lately of all the great quests and stories that I’ve played through. The ones that stick most to mind are the ones with great in-game events or cut-scenes, nice rewards or the ones that sent you all over the world. There have been two separate events in the community inspiring me to share the tales of some of them. I promise I won't be singing. :) And I won't be rhyming or making videos. But I want to try to dig up a couple of quest chains and screenshots so that all of us that did them can remember them with a smile, and those that didn't experience them can get a look at them too!

The Quest
The Quest: Rhok'delar, Lok'delar and Ancient Sinew Wrapped Lamina
The Quest: Thori'dal*
The Quest: Quel'delar**

* Which isn't really a quest, but has a good story.
** Still obtainable.

Dragonwrath: A Legendary Musical by Nananea and Sharm

Clearly Dragonwrath is a hunter weapon, but I was unable to obtain the quest for it. ;) Joke aside, the beautiful storytelling in this video left me completely enthralled. How I would have loved to have a video about the heroic hunter Laeleiweyn going through fire and water to save the world. :) A video about Rhok'delar, Thori'dal or Quel'delar.



Weapons of Lore by WoW Insider

Anne Stickney at WoW Insider has covered the lore behind Thunderfury, Atiesh, Quel'Serrar and lastly Benediction. I'm assuming Rhok'delar is the next weapon in line, and I'm very much looking forward to it. Rhok was a sought weapon over three expansions before it vanished with Cataclysm. Still there are a lot of hunters out there that either started playing after it disappeared, or never knew of it's existence until it was too late.

No comments:

Post a Comment